Sunday, January 15, 2012

Getting those Greens

Last week I made two new veggie sides for dinner and they were both so tasty that I had to share.  Both of these dishes are going to become regular staples in our diet,  for sure.  The first recipe is for Roasted Brussels Sprouts
 Wash the Brussels sprouts.
 Then cut off the brown parts on the ends.
 Toss them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper.  You could also add garlic or any other type of seasoning.
 Bake them at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
 Until they look like this! Yummmmm.  Just looking at this picture makes me want to make more right now.  They are so flavorful and delicious.
My favorite part were these little pieces that broke off and became really crispy.  Kyle commented that they taste like chips, they really do!! So the next day I was browsing one of my favorite food blogs Shutterbean, and found a recipe for KALE CHIPS!!! I made them for dinner that night.  They were amazing.   I didn't get any step-by-step pictures, but I just followed the recipe and it worked great. 
So crispy, salty and amazing!!!! Seriously, if you've never used kale before or are just looking to add some veggies, try both of these recipes.  I don't think you'll be disappointed. 

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment