Monday, March 7, 2011

new things

Today it was concluded that my migraines/headaches and flu-like symptoms are probably related to an infection I have developed called mastitis.  It's an infection in my breast which is accompanied by many uncomfortable symptoms.  Of course I am suffering from just about all the symptoms possible.  I picked up some medication today that will hopefully start helping this annoying situation.  

In other news, on Saturday Kyle, Ezra and I drove down to Florida to pick up our 2006 Ford Freestyle (that's exactly what ours looks like) from a very nice guy Kyle found on Craigslist.  The car is in excellent condition and we love it already.  It's kind of scary buying a used car, especially from someone you found online, but we feel confident that this car is going to work well for us.  We saved loads of money selling our old car to a private party and buying from a private seller instead of dealing with a dealership.  Wooooo for saving money!!! 

So today, at 2 weeks and 5 days old Ezra Amos Finnegan rolled over.  Yes, you read that correctly, he rolled over.  From his tummy to his back.  Kyle yelled for me to come see when I was giving Cambria a bath and I just missed it, but he had been on his tummy and when I saw him he was on his back!! We think the cloth diaper may have given him some extra leverage or something but he is a strong little boy nonetheless.  I've been saying since day 1 that he seems a lot stronger than Cambria was as a newborn.  At his 1 week check up the midwife even noted that he had lots of strength and guessed he was very active in the womb...which he was!

Cambria is saying new words everyday.  It's amazing to watch the wheels in her brain turn at she learns new things.  That's one of the things I love about parenting.  Here is a list all the words I can think of that she knows: 
-up
-car
-water
-banana
-apple
-mama
-dada
-grandpa
-chlo chlo 
-hat 
-hot 
-coke (I'm ashamed of this one) 
-park 
-oatmeal 
-poop (and she tells me when she does it) 
-Kyle
-tons of animal sounds 
-bob
-noah
-bye bye
That's all I can think of at the moment.


Playing out on the front porch.  I swear this girl would stay outside ALL DAY LONG if we let her.
Ezra's first nickname is Ezzy-pooh.  I don't intentionally call my children ridiculous things, it just sort of happens...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Gosh! I can't believe he already rolled over! And I know one more word Cam knows... Noah! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete