Friday, March 25, 2011

Things I'm liking right now

I'm sick with the same sort of thing I was sick with a few weeks ago involving mastitis.  Except this time I don't have mastitis.  Symptoms: weak, fatigued, light-headed, headache, chills, running back and forth to the toilet (if you know what I mean).  Not sure what's wrong but hopefully I will start to feel better soon and won't experience this again.  It sucks.  

Cambria has had a stuffy nose and cough for the last two days, but is showing lots of improvement.    Cambria is a pretty healthy kid and has never had antibiotics or an ear infection (both of which seem like commonplace for toddlers)  so when that girl doesn't feel good, I know it and I DO NOT like it.  Ezra even had the sniffles too...it was the saddest thing.

Anyway, I am getting off track here.  I wanted to use this post to share a few things I am currently obsessing over.  

Kyle and I are going to look back on these beginning weeks of Ezra's life and I know we will think of Mumford and Sons. And particularly this video of theirs.  
We both love it and have played it about 100 times. 

A family friend of ours made us a DELICIOUS meal when we first moved in and had Ezra.  In addition to a beautiful salad and dessert, she made us this amazing pasta dish. 
I think the name says it all.  The pine nut crunch is to die for, seriously.  We've made it two times since and can't seem to get enough of it.  Please, please, please if you like pasta dishes give this recipe a try.  I promise you will not be dissapointed! 

Last week, when we took Ezra in for his 1 month check-up Kyle noticed a flyer for The Great Cloth Diaper Change.  On April 23rd, people around the world are going to change their baby's cloth diaper all at the same time.  It's going to be in the Guinness World Records and they are doing it to raise awareness for cloth diapering and to celebrate Earth Day!  We signed both the kiddos up to participate at the Savannah spot which is taking place at this adorable baby store called Just for Baby.   We stopped by the store after the appointment and discovered so many adorable things.  I was most excited about the fact that they actually sell cloth diapers and supplies.  I didn't know such a place existed in Savannah!!
We got this adorable rubber whale to go on the spout so Cambria doesn't hit her head. 
Cambria is really digging the Burt's Bees bubble bath in the background these days.

And we got this cute growth chart that I plan to use for both Cambria and Ezra.

Today I found these shoes on a blog I follow called Say Yes to Hoboken.
http://cdn.babble.com/family-style/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/bensimonsneakers.jpg
Image: Bensimon 

In college, I had a pair of sneakers similar to these that I wore so often, I literally put holes in them.  I found ones I like, but they are $55.  I'm really cheap and don't like buying things unless they're on sale so I'm not sure if I can justify spending that much.  I know I will wear the shoes almost everyday though. Hmm....

When Kyle and I were downtown a few weekends ago we stopped in this shop called nourishThey sell all natural bath products and candles.  I love candles but feel conflicted when I use them because of all the nasties you breath into your lungs.  I was soooo excited to buy this natural soy wax candle.  I feel a lot less guilty using it in the house.  
I'm also liking these pretty sunflowers we got for cheap at Kroger.
The candle was $15 (kinda steep, I know), but it's something that is worth the money for me.  I love this scent and plan to buy a few more whenever we make it downtown again. 

And of course, I'm liking these two cuties.
 

2 comments:

  1. We love skip-hop products (your whale) and Burts Bees, too. I cannot stop smelling Seeley anyway, but after a bath with Burts he smells SOOOO good!

    Love the music too :) We have lots of similar tastes!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kids sure do have some cute outfits :)

    ReplyDelete