Sunday, April 3, 2011

A weekend visit

Life has been happening around here so I haven't been able to blog as much as I have wanted, but I'm going to try and start finding more time for it.  One of the main reasons I have this blog is to remember the things in our life that I know we'll all forget in 10 years.  I'm not going to remember anything if I don't post more often though so I'm gonna try and get on that this week...

Anyway, two weekends ago we had a lovely visit from one of my friends and her two children.  Alex lived in Germany the same time my family did and was actually my older sister Ashley's friend.  Over the last year and a half or so we have reconnected through Facebook.  We have similar parenting styles and interests and I've talked with her several times about different baby related stuff.  Her husband was at OCS in Columbus, GA and when she was planning her trip down this way for his graduation she brought up the idea of a visit.  Of course we were so excited to have them!!  I'm always looking for opportunities for the kids to socialize and I knew it would be fun seeing Alex again.  Her daughter and son are 2 and 1, they're a year and one week apart...and I thought 18 months was close. :)  So there were four kids 2 and under in our house! It was as crazy as that sounds, but I think both families are used to craziness so it was all good.

Jovi loves books just like Cambria.  There was lots of reading going on the whole weekend :)
The girls sharing a snack together.
 Jovi is 6 months older than Cambria and Bodie is 6 months younger.  They all got along so well and it was adorable watching them play and interact.  Soon after they arrived I realized Jovi is a little 2 year old genius!! Truly, she is a gifted child.  She knows how to count, the alphabet, letter sounds, colors, shapes, and so much more.  I even listened to her trying to sound out words in a book she was reading.  If you aren't familiar with the early childhood education field, that's pretty amazing.  Both her and Bodie were so cute and we all loved having them at our house! 

The boys.  We realized that these two are almost the same age difference as Jovi and Bodie.  I can't imagine!!!

Feeding the ducks in our backyard.
Playing in Cambria's room.
This picture pretty much depicts what was happening the entire weekend.
Ezra 4 weeks, Bodie 12 months, Cambria 19 months, Jovi 24 months. 
I hope we will be able to meet up one day again in the future.  Who knows where the military will take their family?!?  Maybe Kyle and I will have an excuse to visit them in some awesome location someday.  Hopefully ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment