Thursday, December 9, 2010

circles circles everywhere

I've been wanting to share a crafting tool that I recently purchased that I just LOVE.  Maybe you will too?  Martha Stewart was a guest on Oprah one day and demonstrated how to use the Martha Stewart Crafts Large Circle Cutter.
Right when I saw it I started thinking about all the ways I could put it to use.  Man I wanted it!!!  THEN, during the show, Martha announced that she was giving Oprah viewers a coupon for one of her products that could be printed fo' free online!  So I went online, printed myself out one of the sweet coupons, and went to Michael's and got an awesome deal on it!  The main reason I wanted it was so I could make cute banners for parties and special events.  That's really all I've used it for so far, but I know I will find other ways to use it soon.
It's very simple to use--just press down on the small circle while keeping your other hand on the large circle and cut the paper!

You can make circles anywhere from 4 to 12 inches wide.

The little spot underneath where the razor goes. 

 With my older sissy getting married, I have attended a lot of wedding events lately and it has come in perrrrfect use.
One I made for a couples shower my sister threw for her friend.

Lingerie shower banner for my "sexy little bride" sister.

Again...

Banner for her bridal shower.

Goodies table. Yes, the goodies were delicious.
Before I had purchased my circle cutter I made a banner for my friend Ashley's baby shower.  I had to improvise with this one so I used fabric instead of the circle papers.  Instead of punching holes in the fabric and stringing them with ribbon, I used tiny little clothespins to hang it right on the ribbon.  I think they turned out just as cute on my friend Jessie's beautiful wall colors.
Congrats Ashy Ashy!

She WAS a baby girl after all! ;) 
This tool makes it so easy to make creative, fun, and cheap decorations for anything.  When we move into our house I plan to cut circles for some fun holiday decorations and for certain learning activities I have been thinking up for Cambria.  Oh, and in case you were wondering, my mom is a teacher so for all but one of the banners I had her cut the letters out for me with her school's die cutter.  VERY convenient!

I've been busy hand-making all our Christmas cards and I'm very pleased with how they are turning out! Can't wait to share them :)

I made this veggie & cheese stromboli for dinner last night.  It was gooooooooooood.

And this was messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment