Monday, January 31, 2011

So close to being ours!

I haven't posted in about a week and it's because a lot has been happening around here.
As of right now, we are scheduled to close on our house at 11:00 tomorrow morning.  That means tomorrow we're going to become homeowners!!! That just sounds weird--Kyle and I, homeowners?? Even though I am going to have two kids soon, I still don't feel like I'm a big enough "grown up" to own a house.
Anyway, we've been busy figuring last minute things out.   
We found a mattress we want, but just have to work up the courage to call the mattress place and have them charge our card.  Spending that much money on a mattress is scccccary. 
Of course I want every room in my house to be a different color so we've also been trying to make some decisions in that department.  It's probably going to take a few weeks to get everything painted, but we would like to start painting tomorrow and finish the kitchen and living room before we move in this weekend. 
Our list of things we still need seems to be never ending, but I am really going to try to relax and take things slow.  I know it's going to be a few months before the house really starts to come together.  The hard part for me is going to be trying to not freak out that everything isn't set up and in order.   I know I'm going to want eveything perfect right when we move in, but it's just going to take time. 
I've had dreams of moving in the last two or three nights.  We're so excited!!!!! 
I don't really have any new pictures to post because I've taken maybe 20 in the last week and a half. (note to self: start taking more pictures of life) 
So here are a few pictures of the house waaaay back in September the first time we ever looked at it.
Front porch

living room

dining room- the light fixture that you can't see in this picture is going to be one of the first things to go!

kitchen

kitchen

Can't wait to enjoy this backyard

What is going to be Cambria's room

2nd bathroom

our room!

The baby's room
I'm excited to get in there and start making it our own.  We have about 1020849 ideas and projects we want to do already... I keep telling Kyle how grateful and fortunate I feel to be able to buy a house right now.  Really, we are so lucky to be buying such a beautiful home for our family and I never want to take it for granted.  Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Brandi!! I love this house! SOO beautiful! I'm so happy for yalL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting!! the house looks so great!! what neighborhood is this in?

    ReplyDelete