Monday, May 2, 2011

The Business of Being Born

An inspiring scene from the film The Business of Being Born 
This weekend Kyle and I finally sat down to watch a movie I've been wanting to see for a long, long time.  
In my opinion, The Business of Being Born is movie that should be watched by any woman who is interested in birth and how it is treated in this country.  Whether you already have 3 kids, are thinking about getting pregnant, are already pregnant, or don't see yourself having kids for years, you should see this film.  Heck, guys should watch it too!  It presents a different perspective on the entire birth process that I think most people are unfamiliar with.  There were SO MANY times throughout the movie that I wanted to yell out a big "AMEN!!!"  It will make you laugh, cry, and question things you've always known and heard to be true.  Please watch it soon if you want to learn more about this topic!  Check out the trailer below..


1 comment:

  1. I watched this and found it fascinating and very true. The part about how woman get epiderals early so labor doesn't process so they up the pit and that causes oxygen to the baby to get compromised and ends up in a c-section is often times so true. It just shows that the more interventions in a non-high risk pregnancy and birth, the more high risk it becomes. I admire you for the way you brought your children into the world and I am definitely wanting to do the same thing when I have children! I will be calling you with all my questions! lol. But seriously, I will NEVER have my children in a hospital, unless I have a high-risk pregnancy! I think ALL women should watch this and realize that child birth is a natural process that 90% of the time requires no medical intervention. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete