Thursday, May 26, 2011

A lesson from Cambria and Oprah

Taken almost a year ago on our way to Asheville, NC for wedding preparations.

That girl, I love her so. 
Tonight while she was playing and running around my parent's house something magical happened. 
She ran up to me and I scooped her up in my arms and we fell back into the couch.  
I snuggled her close, kissed her a few times, and then said something I tell my children many times throughout the day. 
"I love you, Cambria"
And clear as anything, without hesitiation, she replied "I know"
It touched my heart and I instantly began to cry. 
Whether that's what she meant I'm not sure, but that's what I heard.
And those two words brought more joy and happiness than I can explain. 
Today on Oprah's last show she talked about all the greatest lessons she's learned from the show over the last 25 years.
Everything she said was inspiring.
I took many things to heart. 

"Live life from the heart of yourself"

"You have to know what sparks the light in you, so that you, in your own way, can illuminate the world"

"Your 'calling' lights you up and it lets you know that you are exactly where you're supposed to be, doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing." 

I still haven't figured out exactly what I want to do with my life once my children no longer need me, but today I realized that right now, I am exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. 
Right now, motherhood is my calling.
Cambria and Oprah helped me realize that today and I love them both for it. 


Check out a clip of the show here.

No comments:

Post a Comment