Sunday, May 15, 2011

Yard sale finds

I've recently started getting reeeeally into yard/garage sales.  Since moving into our house, we've begun to realize there are many, many things we lack.  Most of these things are not necessities, but they're the kinds of things you accumulate over time while living in a house.  So "house stuff" is one of the main things I'm on the hunt for when I go.  Baby stuff and baby clothes is the other.  High chairs, play mats, bath tubs, books, DVDs, toys, bedding, etc.  I could go on forever about how much of that stuff I see everywhere

And let me tell you, I will NEVER buy my children lots of new clothes.  Never ever.  I just don't see the value in paying 10 or 15 bucks, sometimes more, for something I could find for literally a quarter at a garage sale.  Now that Cambria has gotten older and is eating anything and everything, she gets stains on her clothes daily.  And Ezra grows out of things so quickly.  I see no point in spending lots of money on their clothes, especially when our current budget doesn't really allow it.  There are a few exceptions when I will buy special outfits or specific clothing items, but never for the everyday stuff.  And I would never be embarrassed to admit something I have in my house or something I or my children are wearing is secondhand, I'm proud of it!!! Reduce, reuse, and recycle right?? :) And since I'm so excited about it, I wanted to share some of my recent finds.


 
All of the following things for Ezra I found at one house and paid a grand total of 7 dollars, for EVERYTHING!!!! The mother only had 1 boy, but had bins filled with clothes.  I couldn't believe how many articles of clothing that little boy had.





These were probably about $30 bucks new. I got them for less than a dollar.

These shirts all look like things Kyle would wear!
Swimming trunks and a hat.
The people had TONS of GT stuff, and that stuff is soooo expensive!!
Sweaters for the fall and winter.
Jean skirt and khakis for Cambria.

Dresses.
Loved this tree.  I've gotten tons of art from yard sales and thrift stores over the years.

$1...and practically new.
This shirt is precious, and someone may need a haircut soon. 
Cambria's Easter dress and shoes my mom found for 1 or 2 dollars.

Got this steam mop for $15.  It's such a nice alternative to chemical-filled cleaners because it uses only steam. After my friend Summer told me about them I knew I wanted one and it didn't take long until I stumbled upon this one. 

Cute shirt.

Bathing suit
Found this hardly used cloth diaper that a mother was selling because she didn't like the snaps.  It was only 5 bucks, normally around 20.  And I will put this on Ezra.
Salad spinner.  I was searching for one of these and found it brand new for $2.

Also $2. And brand new.

Paid 25 cents for these.

Blue shorts and pink Converse shoes for $1.  Cambria LOVES them.
***I had a few more pictures it's not letting me upload at the moment and it's making me angry...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Hopefully I can figure it out later.***

As you can see, my kiddies look cute, but I don't pay much for it.  Going to yard sales for a few hours on Saturday mornings has become a routine for me and my mom.  We love the thrill of finding awesome deals for cheap and have some good bonding time in the process :) 

1 comment:

  1. Yay I finally made it into your blog! lol! And yay for steam mops and sweet yard sale finds!

    ReplyDelete